Summer learning Journey (practise)

This week Meghan came to visit Waikowhai Primary! She gave some some information about the Summer Learning Journey and how it works. She also explained what sort of prizes there are! Last year there was a tablet but this year there is a drone! We are doing a practise activity because some people have not tried the Summer Learning Journey and now they get to see how it works before the Summer Learning Journey actually happens. The practise activity we are doing is countries. We have to choose a country and we then write all the information and facts about the country that we chose. 
Here is the different types of countries that we could choose from!

Canada (North America), Mexico (Central America), Chile
(South America), England (Europe), Germany (Europe), South Africa (Africa), United Arab
Emirates (Middle East), Japan (Asia), Malaysia (South-East Asia), and Australia
(Australasia).
I chose Japan because I saw the pictures on the link and they looked so pretty and fun like on a video about Japan I saw penguins and Polar bears and they also have one of my favourite food...Sushi! 

Here are some fun facts or important facts!

  • Japan is made up of 6,852 islands.
  • The Japanese name for Japan is Nihon
  • The highest point in Japan in Mount Fuji, which stands at 3,776m (12,388ft).
The last activity was a bonus part. The bonus part is I have to write a letter to a friend why im going to Japan and other stuff. ( but im only imagining im going to Japan)

Dear Brooklyn: I am going to Japan because I have never been there and I would like to explore different types of clothes and hotels even food there! I will be probably staying there for 2 weeks! Oh wait! I think I have enough money for one person! would you like to come with me? Only if you're allowed to!
from: Jaeda

Reflection: I think it was easy and hard. The hard bit was when I wanted to explore other types of countries. But the easy bit was when it said why I wanted to be there!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describing the setting

our six thinking hats

Des Hunt Visit's Waikowhai