Summer learning Journey

Today the Summer Learning Journey said that if loggers should be allowed or not and we have to give 2 reasons why! This is activity one!

I chose both because:

  • if we dont cut wood how are we going to get paper?
  • But if we have loggers it could also force other animals that live in the forest to move to a new home. 


For activity 2, we have to write a letter to a friend or a family member about going to tundra. Tundra is a place where it is very cold. But its really cold in the Winter.

Dear mum:
Yesterday the whole class got to go on a trip to Tundra! Tundra is a very cold place! That's why I packed some warm clothes. When our class arrived there we were shivering already! Some of the students in my class wanted to go back to class and would rather learn! But when we walked 3 minutes later we saw heaps of lovely snowy mountains! The snow was so clear on top of the pointy mountains. When we walked another 3 minutes later we saw a very shiny and clear lake. It looked like we were in fairy land!
from:Jaeda

For activity three we had to pretend that New Zealand is going to sink in the ocean down below! ( Yikes! Hard to imagine ) and I have to tell people (people that never came to New Zealand before ) What it looks like before it is going to sink.

New Zealand is very pretty and clean it some countries. There are heaps of cool beaches and heaps of cool places people can go to! People that are citizens to New Zealand are called Kiwis, not the Kiwi fruit but the Kiwi birds. There are heaps of tasty food here in New Zealand. But there are heaps of windy places like Christchurch. I think Christchurch is the windiest place in New Zealand. There are heaps of volcanoes in New Zealand like Mt Ruapehu, Mt Eden, Rangitoto and heaps more!


Comments

  1. Kia ora Jaeda,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Megan and Cia on the Summer Learning Journey programme this year. It is great to see that you have completed all three activities for Week #1, Day #4. I particularly enjoyed reading the letter that you wrote to your mum about your time in the Tundra. It would be quire amazing to spend time in such a cold place, wouldn't it?

    I actually grew up in Canada so I am used to spending time in the cold. I can still remember walking to school at -30 degrees Celsius. It was pretty chilly. In fact, our faces would turn red and start to sting within two minutes of being outside. Ouch!

    I hope that you are able to stay warm and cozy this holiday season. Do you have any special plans for the holidays? I am going to spend time with my family. We are talking about going to the beach for a picnic. What about you?

    Wishing you well for a lovely holiday and a happy and healthy new year. I hope that you will continue to post SLJ activities over the break. Our team is really looking forward to reading them and to posting comments.

    Warm wishes,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Jaeda,

    I can tell you’ve been thinking hard about the subject of logging, because you have reasons for thinking logging should and should not be allowed. I like that you’ve started a bullet pointed list to write down your reasons. You could definitely add on to it.

    A friendly reminder; remember that the activity is asking you to tell us your opinion on whether or not logging should allowed with two reasons to support it. Please edit your post to include this so that I may reward you with full points for this activity. You’ve got this! :)

    I’m against logging because I believe our animals deserve to live and thrive in their homes! Also, trees provide shade for us stay cool. As for what you said about paper, did you know that there are other ways to make it? I think a little research is in order, you’d be very surprised at all the different ways. :)

    I look forward to reading your edited post.

    Enjoy the sunshine and take care.

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Describing the setting

Des Hunt Visit's Waikowhai

our six thinking hats